Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit is definitely influenced by the course of duty of the crane which should be determined and specific. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal equipment devices type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear models type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while ordering the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating table, observe in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm verify the gear box ranking horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected in a way that the ranked HP is equal or more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric engine for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in course II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· As the consumed HP is certainly 9, the unit HB-350 will become suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in course IV duty the rated HP is 3
Share this short article if you recognize somebody that might additionally have an interest in crane duty helical gearbox.